The Cyber Security landscape is ever-changing and dynamic. The rapid growth of technology has brought with it a plethora of opportunities as well as challenges. However, there is no doubt that the Internet now plays a vital role in the lives of millions. Everything is dependent on this digital playground and thus it becomes important to secure it.
A career in Cyber Security is the most viable option for those who are interested to make a mark in this field. Indias top cities like Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Pune are emerging as the new hubs for Cyber Security. There is a huge demand for skilled professionals in this domain and the pay scale is also quite good.
These jobs are not just limited to big cities alone. There are a lot of openings in smaller cities as well. Cyber Security draws professionals from different streams like networking, computer science, law, etc… There are also entry-level vacancies available for beginners and freshers.
The Government of India has also offered a number of job opportunities in Cyber Security in different departments like the Central Board of Direct Taxes, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, etc.
Table of Contents
Types of Cyber Security Employment Opportunities
There are a number of roles in Cyber Security, each having its own specialty. Some of them that are in demand are discussed below:
The job of a Security Analyst is to analyze and assess the vulnerabilities and threats that affect an organization. An analyst has to study network traffic and logs to find loopholes and defects. They also conduct penetration testing to look for flaws in the systems.
A cryptographer is responsible for developing secure communication channels and communications protocols. Their role becomes very crucial during cyber-attack or in situations where the security of information is of utmost importance.
They are responsible for designing security architecture. They are required to come up with innovative ways of ensuring the safety of data. They play a major role in implementing strategies and maintaining them as well.
Duties of a Cyber Security Professional
The duties of Cyber Security members may vary depending on their role. However, some common responsibilities are as follows:
- To identify and assess the security risks associated with the use of technology
- To develop and implement security policies and procedures
- To protect the organization’s computer systems and networks from unauthorized access or attack
- To provide training and support to staff on security issues
- To investigate security breaches and incidents and report them to management
- To recommend corrective action
The growth in technology has led to a surge in demand for skilled professionals in the Cyber Security domain.
Requirements for Cyber Security Jobs:
Aspiring professionals in this field need some requirements like qualification, experience, etc. The most basic requirement is given below:
- Graduates and postgraduates in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, and similar stream.
- A candidate needs to have knowledge of Operating Systems like Windows and Linux.
- A good understanding of networking protocols is required as well.
- Candidates must have the ability to think logically and have problem-solving skills.
- They should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
It is an interesting field with plenty of opportunities for career growth. So those who are interested in making a career in Cyber Security can opt for it and fulfill their aspirations. Some of the Cyber Security job vacancies in India may be found by clicking the “Load Jobs” button below.