This is a Project Engineer ( LCS – System Enhancement) role reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area – Industrial Automation (INOPC IA) located in Bangalore. You will be responsible for Designing authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Completing assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Supporting contract managers in issuing claims to provide quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Providing technical support for
- testing, installation and commissioning activities. Preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
Creating work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Improving the effectiveness of the work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Assisting customers on technical issues, interacting with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his or her scope of deliverables.
- Assisting communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Assisting in preparing proposals or presentations of engineering projects or programs provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- BE/B tech in Instrumentation, Electronics & communication.