This is a Power System Engineer role, reporting to LPG Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be responsible for studying the customer power system requirements, consulting customers globally on available solutions, assisting in making technical proposals and preforming power systems studies for complex systems. You will be also responsible for guiding junior engineers to improve their technical skills and enable them to independently conduct power system studies.
- Managing multiple projects at a time.
- Specifying equipment ratings and project design parameters based on studies.
- Preparing accurate, clearly written, well-organized technical reports.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Providing support and technical guidance to a team of junior power system engineers.
- Supporting and conducting electromagnetic transient studies.
- Coordinating activities with the global power studies and consulting team.
- Responsible for Model projects using typical power system study software like ETAP, PowerFactory, SKM, EasyPower, etc.
- Performing power system studies like load flow, short circuit, motor starting, protective device coordination, arc flash, transient stability, system impact studies, harmonic studies, grounding & lightning analyses.
- Taking ownership of deliverables to meet client expectations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in power systems/ power studies engineering, preferably working for a consulting company.