- Contribute to the design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring they are amenable to test.
- Planning of tests, including the definition and management of suitable test data, and managing the trade-offs for thoroughness/completeness vs. development & maintenance effort on one hand and time to execute on the other.
- Writing great software to support agile software engineering practices (e.g., TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Reduce friction and latency in the development cycle through automation and immediate feedback; not only test but also build, deployment, monitoring, etc.
- Ensure that our applications can scale to match huge demand across the world. Sweat about milliseconds of response time and obsess over the next 1 percent of efficiency.
- Collaborating with product owners, stakeholders and potentially globally distributed teams.
- Work cross-functional in an Agile environment.
- Experience configuring Jenkins and extending it with custom plug-ins.
- Technical knowledge of the least one major RDBMS, preferably SQL Server.
- Familiarity with client-side MVC frameworks.
- Strong verbal communications, cross-group collaboration skills, analytical, structured and strategic thinking.
- Experience with at least one major server-side web development stack, preferably ASP.NET
- Understanding of enterprise-level automation needs and solutions (parallelism, distribution, etc.)
- Expert in automating UI tests with Selenium and Ruby.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with xUnit type frameworks (JUnit, NUnit, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience testing software and web applications in an agile environment.