WW Operations Finance is poised for a revolution. Historically, automation and technical infusion have taken a back-seat to important financial functions such as controllership, financial oversight, risk mitigation, and strong investment analysis. Finance is set to be the Chief Story Tellers, and along the way inject machine learning, BI, advanced analytics, and technical tools – built to suit finance and business needs. To get there, the Financial Systems and Analytics Team (FSAT) is seeking an Application Engineering Manager to help lead a flagship multi-year project to inject automated planning and reporting predictive forecasting and help shape an end UI, built on the AWS Data Lake. We are the tech team that supports WW Amazon Operations – one of the fastest-growing, largest, and most complex Supply Chains in the world. This position requires a high level of technical expertise within IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics.
On the FSAT team, you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
- Work closely with other OPS Finance Business teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
- Regularly dive into the architecture, coding practices, test plans, project plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through your organization. Represent your business and operations to the highest level of OPS Finance on a weekly basis.
- Own the responsibility of building scalable and flexible architecture, create a strategic vision and maintain a long-term roadmap, and deliver quality results on time.
- Hire and develop smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
- Lead a team of application engineers in the design, development, test, deployment, and operation of TM1 modules.
- Identify bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant IBM Cognos TM1/Planning Analytics experience including system configuration, model building, and developing reports or dashboards with TM1