This position is for a Start-up Manager who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities. The Start-up Manager is responsible for the start-up activities performed on the UK nuclear infrastructure programme. The Start-up Manager is responsible for supervising and providing technical direction to all Start-Up Engineers and Supervisors that are assigned to each package within the programme. The Start-up Manager reviews and approves all key Start-up processes/procedures and must have a broad knowledge of the industry and regulatory standards, and start-up procedures in the nuclear industry. The Start-up Manager is required to have a good knowledge of industry-standard administrative practices and supervisory experience. This position is a senior role within the Bechtel team and reports to the Bechtel Project Manager
The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered. The work will be performed in various locations across the UK. This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Performs personnel evaluations for personnel supervised and ensures that they receive appropriate technical assistance and on-the-job training for their professional development.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers estimate staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Participates in proposal preparation activities as required.
- Ensures that work being performed is within the scope of services and within budget.
- Provides input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
- Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Coordinates with client representatives to obtain approval on work as it is accomplished.
- Prepares and directs safety, health, and environmental compliance programs.
- Directs the formulation of and recommends departmental management policies, procedures, plans, and programs within the assigned office or project.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of operations manuals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of precedents in the startup and operations areas and broad knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
- Oral and written communication skills.