As Scrum Master, you will be the guardian of Scrum Team, someone that resolves impediments and have influence over the scrum processes. Everything from the coaching team about agile scrum, facilitating the scrum ceremonies, releasing potentially shippable software. You must execute the backlog in consultation by product owner/manager, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality. You need to be involved in team conflict resolution and must have excellent communication skills. You must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding out the gaps and ensuring product owner involvement in business decisions and description of the functional flow.
- Facilitate discussion and decision-making on identifying gaps and how to fill them appropriately.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum Ceremonies during every PI (Ensures that the Scrum processes agreed are followed.)
- Risks/Issues are documented, addressed and escalated as appropriate.
- Fosters team collaboration and helps in resolving conflicts
- RTM and publishes to team/business.
- Note: Sprint Planning, Daily stand-ups, Sprint Backlog refinements, Sprint reviews, Sprint Demos, Sprint retrospectives
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- Exposure for Tools like JIRA, Jama, and Confluence is preferred.
- Good Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand your team needs.
- Mentorship skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 9 +years’ experience in software development, of which at least 4-5 years successfully performing Scrum Master role.
Job Location: Bangalore, India