As a Transportation Analyst at Caterpillar, the person will be reporting to the Regional Trade Lane Management Supervisor in Singapore. This position will be fundamental in the execution and improvement of international transportation management through a set of processes referred to as Trade Lane Management.
Trade Lane Management (TLM) focuses on outbound shipments of machines, engines and attachments from India to dealers globally. This role involves providing operational and analytical support to improve in-transit performances and transportation studies for cost savings.
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments with limited supervision and, identifies, engages and coordinates work with others self-motivated & able to motivate others to drive the business with minimum supervision
- The incumbent will monitor the performance of our Logistics Service Providers and conduct monthly reviews with them
- The role requires good attention to detail and the ability to deep dive into problems and troubleshoot issues
- Scope, design, operate, day-to-day services and implement transportation service solutions. Coordinate problem resolution with Caterpillar facilities and approved Service Providers with regards to transportation services.
- Facilitate discussions with cross-functional partners across departments and build relationships across diverse cultures
- Identify, develop and administer the implementation of improved transportation methods that support Caterpillar’s cost and service objectives and goals, to ensure the best results for Caterpillar and Cat Dealer organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and change management skills are required to coordinate activities and interact with people of different levels and in a multicultural environment
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Strong understanding of the international supply chain, both physical flow and data flow including ocean carriers, air carriers, truck carriers, rail carriers, freight forwarders, and Customs brokers. Some level of working knowledge of Trade Compliance is an advantage.
- Able to prioritize & understands the speed in which to respond
- Fluency in English is required and an additional language would be a benefit.
- Independent, resourceful & self-motivated to drive the business with minimum supervision
- PC skills are a must – MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, MS Database
- Ability to handle and navigate through stressful situations and be objective
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Transportation, Forwarding and/or Logistics.
Job Location: Aurangabad, India