Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for the best Site Reliability Engineers. Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical workhorses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. Think you have what it takes to develop the software and architect the platform to support Caterpillar’s digital revolution?
We at Caterpillar Digital are working to put together the Digital platform for delivering industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for Caterpillar, dealers & our end customers.
Come join us on this exciting journey and be part of the world-class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation.
- Setting task prioritization.
- Manage on-call /on-rotation.
- Lead, coach, and train other members of the team.
- Lead Innovation and enhancements in the DevOps process.
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategy
- Manage Escalations through the ITSM process.
- Participates in System Engineering Intake Process
- Meeting SLO, SLA, SLI’s defined.
- Proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of the system.
- Improve Service observability.
- Knowledge in architecting CI/CD solutions on any platform with prior experience is a must.
- 8+ years experience in Key AWS services: EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, DynamoDB (NoSQL), Lambda, logging/CloudWatch, IAM, Certificate Manager, ELB, EBS, ECS, CloudFront/WAF, SQS, SNS, SES.
- 8+ years of expertise in the ELK Monitoring Tool or any other Open Source IT monitoring, network monitoring, server, and application monitoring.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks).
- 8+ years prior experience in DevOps and/or application development teams. Hands-on experience using large scale software development, preferably in one of these languages: Java, Python, scripting languages is a must.
- Understanding of Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, Sonar, Splunk, Maven, AIM and/ or Continuous Delivery tools.
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software.
- Understanding on Docker and at least one Docker Container orchestration – ECS, Kubernetes
- Understanding of Configuration Management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef/PowerShell/Terraform.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8+ years with DevOps with the Production Support expertise
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any other Engineering field.
Job Location: Chennai, India