The Service Information Division, within the Global Service’s Technical Information Solutions Department is accountable for creating and managing service information (Specifications, Systems Operation, Test and Adjust, Periodicals, OMMs, Schematics, Disassembly & Assembly, and Troubleshooting) for customers and dealers. The information is delivered via SIS 2.0, CAT Technician App, and paper manuals. The division is global, with operations in Chennai, India, and Peoria. This position will manage a team based in Chennai, India.
- Develop collaborative relationships across the Service Information Division, with customers/dealers and other cross-functional groups (specifically product groups) to ensure operational goals are accomplished.
- Interact very closely with all Caterpillar Product Groups, as well as the Service Information Division in Peoria.
- Day-to-day management of a team of 10+ management employees (typically includes 5-7 agency people)
- Ensure all NPI deadlines are met, and SID operational goals are achieved
- Understand customer and dealer technical information needs, and utilize this insight to make process improvements to the information we create and deliver
- Create and maintain an engaging organizational climate/culture which encourages teamwork, commitment, employee growth, and a sense of urgency toward business success.
- Lead SID / TIS-wide projects that result in greater process efficiency and increased value to customers and dealers
Qualification & Experience:
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience