For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for a talented Strategic HR Consultant to provide strategic HR leadership to key country division leaders on human resources initiatives and employment-related topics for Cat Digital within India. This role is a key driver and enabler of the Cat Digital people strategy in India.
- Manage organizational design & changes within the division. Ensure organizational design and structure are aligned with a strategic focus. Lead realignment, change management & implementation efforts as necessary. Define key roles and processes to support strategy and organizational design.
- Lead country Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) efforts by working with the leadership team to develop and modify staffing plans. Develop a staffing strategy and partner with functional recruitment teams & succession planning teams to execute strategy. Lead talent pipeline management efforts for assigned client groups as part of succession planning. Provide counsel on succession planning within departments(s).
- Implementation of division & corporate HR programs and practices related to talent and succession management, career planning, performance management, employee engagement, employee experience, compensation and benefits, culture change & integration, organization design & planning, job evaluation & promotions, staffing and onboarding.
- Broad HR background in the following areas: strategic HR business partnership, compensation, talent management, organization design, change management, employee relations, leader &employee development and employee engagement
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Experience working in a high technology industry
Qualification & Experience:
- 8-10 years of HR experience
- 3-5 years in a client-facing HR role working with senior leaders
- 3-5 years working within a large, complex, global organization, with strong knowledge of local legislation and compliance on HR topics
Job Location: Chennai, India