Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in product ordering/manufacturing.
The incumbent analyses and recommends current and future systems, procedures, and training need based on requirements. Manufacturing Engineers provide analysis and recommendations for product configurations.
- Accurate analysis and translation of business and Process Partner requirements
- Active participation in New Product Introduction, engineering change and other projects to offer knowledge, expert advice and commit to Variant Configuration and Bill of Material task duration.
- Product outline Compatibility and EDS to determine the optimum structure to configure a finished Variant configuration for standard product available, create and maintain bill of Material in the SAP system.
- Communicate highly complex, technical information to non-technical personnel to ensure the successful identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Provide rapid resolution of production and facility issues
- Product change reflective in both the dealer facing sales systems and the manufacturing execution systems.
- Use technical expertise and product knowledge to provide a resolution process.
- Collaborate with product group engineers and product definition to intercept core price list
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
- SAP-certified in PP, MM or previous work experience in any ERP module and
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of ERP work experience
Job Location: Chennai, India