Responsible for handling the division efficiently in line with Hyatt International’s Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest, and owner expectations. The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible to function as the Business Manager and a Marketing Specialist for the Food and Beverage Department, which also includes overseeing the hotel’s food and beverage operations, liaise closely with the culinary team, room service operations, events service, and planning, outside catering and takeaway operations; maintaining product and service quality levels while maximizing profits; forecasting and budgeting; and ensuring that all the outlets and banquets operate successfully, in accordance with the standard of the hotel and are individually profitable. The Director of Food & Beverage is also responsible to implement marketing tactics, supervise and implement yearly F&B planners along with the Executive Chef. The position reports to the Hotel Manager.
- Increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivering an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
- Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Achieve budgeted revenues & expenses and maximize profitability related to the food & beverage department.
- Works together with the sales and marketing department to ensure the hotel is consistently and constantly in the media and on social media channels.
- Implement & maintain local and national sales and marketing programs.
- Ensure compliance with business operations and legal regulations.
- Come up with new ideas and concepts, implement new concepts to ensure the hotel is recognized as a market leader.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ work experience as a Director of Food & Beverage in a large-scale hotel handling multi-cuisine outlets and a large-scale events operations and/or extensive experience in a similar position on a leading five-star cruise ship.