The Database Engineer plays a critical role within the Digital Service Delivery organization. This individual will lead large initiatives, be responsible for gathering requirements through feature requests from our development partners, perform analysis and implementation of database designs, provide consulting, and drive the best practice, governance, and standards of Database Engineering in Mastercard
- Provide DBA suggestions and input on the direction for database domain strategy.
- Guides and provides direction for use of best practices and application database solutions to Mastercard’s development teams.
- Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
- Forward-thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
- Plans and coordinates data migrations between systems.
- Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
- Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects, and leads some initiatives.
- Leads in managing client’s expectations and communicates proactively.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.