- The incumbent will be fully responsible for heading the strategic South Asia, Merchant & Co-brands Development team
- Responsible for coming up with a strategy for merchant & co-brands development. Lead the relationship with the top 25 merchants across verticals and lead execution of priorities
- This is a unique position pivoting between facing external and internal customers and will be instrumental in helping identify new business opportunities, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders in developing relevant value propositions and GTM plans and tracking performance against objectives.
- Develop merchant funded reward programs leveraging the power of being the network and enhance the consumer value proposition for Mastercard products
- Lead and execute merchant led co-brand card programs covering credit, debit, prepaid and commercial
- Lead the team of Relationship Managers who serve as consultants and merchant advocates to provide strategic solutions to grow the partnership with the merchant. Manage, coach, and develop the team
- Collaborates and works closely with Account Management, Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal and other local and regional internal teams to support embedding Mastercard products, services & platforms such as APT, MPGS, C&I, Digital and others
- Strategic program management for large merchant initiatives and partnerships
- Develop pitches and strategy to penetrate new merchants and strike strategic partnerships.
- Create and maintain a library of best practice and case study examples
- Deliver against volume, revenue, penetration and growth targets for identified initiatives across the Division with new and existing merchants. These could be across merchants or identified strategic verticals.
- Drive the ideation, development of merchant segment-specific value propositions that deliver products and services that address customer needs.
- Influences merchant account strategies using analytical problem solving and leveraging data tools to provide market data and targeting recommendations
- Develop GTM plans for new business opportunities and products
- Proven track record of results – revenue and share.
- Ability to thrive in the dual capacity as a team leader and as an individual contributor
- Good analytical and structured thinking skills
- Experience of working for matrix organization
- Numerate with an eye for detail
- Good understanding of Credit, Prepaid and Debit co-brand programs
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Superior communication and influencing capabilities at a senior level in client organizations
- C- Level merchant management experience will be an advantage.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10 – 15 Years of Experience
Job Location: Mumbai, India