As an Engineering Manager, you will be an integral part of the Data Protection Group in India, developing cross-platform endpoint applications for Windows, macOS, and Linux – and will report to Director, Engineering. You have exceptional leadership, communication, and project management skills with multiple years of management experience and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others. This is a technical leadership position, you will be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle – requirements discussion/analysis, design, scope estimation, planning, code reviews and unit testing, documentation, POCs, deployment and engineering. You will also help build architectural decisions, deployment and supporting customers using the products in production. This is a hands-on role with development activities and delivery commitments in addition to managing, mentoring and growing your team. You will foster a culture of innovation while leading an experienced team. For you to be successful in his role, you need a deep technical knowledge of web-scale low latency Enterprise Product Development using Windows/Mac, Cybersecurity experience from endpoint/Network protect/detection perspectives
- Establish procedures that produce high-quality customer satisfaction, experience and loyalty that exceeds customer and industry standards
- Use technology to understand customer challenges and calibration of quality monitoring results
- Build an excellent Software Engineering (Dev & QA) function designed to ensure McAfee’s customer experience is consistent and meeting our standards across all customer touchpoints
- Surface inconsistencies in quality and experience, and conduct root cause analysis with corrective and preventive action plans
- Create new ways to receive and track relevant customer feedback
- Regularly communicate and communicate information to ensure that it flows both up to management and down to the team
- Provide Development and guidance to the team by architecting testing solutions, resolving technical problems and challenges, and establishing and applying testing standards.
- Be a quality champion by striving for excellence and driving improvements within the team.
- Develop customized testing strategies that maximize test coverage while minimizing execution effort. Identify risks and proactively reduce and communicate them.
- Work with Senior Execs, Software Engineering Leaders, Project Managers, Product Managers, and others to ensure smooth integration of Development & QA into the SDLC
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years of related software engineering experience with at least 3 have been in a management capacity.