Pfizer has a rich pipeline in innovative products. Robust epidemiology and real-world data are required to be generated for these products.
The RWE medical Lead will partner with internal and external stakeholders on the design and conduct of epidemiologic research and Real-world data generation for new products. The role will involve collaboration with the Medical advisors and Category medical Leads for planning and execution of real-world evidence data generation. This role will also work with RWD/RWE contract research organizations, registries, health systems and academic institutions in advancing RWD, the development/adoption of research methodologies and advocate the generation of effective RWE. He/she will contribute thought leadership internally and externally regarding Pfizer’s understanding of disease epidemiology/ pharmacoepidemiology via the leverage of RWE to support benefit-risk justifications across portfolios.
- Present and publish results of epidemiological studies at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed journals
- Design and implement multiple databases, de novo, or hybrid design studies intended to quantify risks potentially associated with Pfizer products
- Background epidemiology studies, the natural progression of disease studies, and user characterization studies
- Post-approval effectiveness studies and their feasibility assessments
- Other epidemiology studies (e.g., special subpopulations, new indications)
- Epidemiology RWD/RWE Research Strategy for current new and upcoming products
- Provide critical assessment of epidemiological data and literature
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong preference for 3 or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry; extensive track record interacting with R&D and commercial organizations in the pharmaceutical industry