Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for the defined product category.
- Some specialists also responsible for selling outsourcing deals.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP’s products and services better.
- May invest time working with and leveraging external partners to deliver sales.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- For Services Consultants: Focus on growing contractual renewals for mid-to-large accounts with more complexity, to higher- total contract-value renewals.
- Provide support to Account managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-3 years of product sales in the desired specialty