This is an R & D Engineer (Research and Development) role, reporting to the R&D Team Manager and will be based in Bangalore. In this role, you will be responsible for product design and development, performing a variety of complex technology/engineering assignments, which typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
- Serving as a subject matter expert to the project, providing guidance to colleagues and more junior team members, acting as a mentor and sharing lessons learned.
- Designing reviews in close communication with other TC project Managers and technical experts.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Metal forming and manufacturing process knowledge and optimization.
- Performing design validation through calculations, Analysis, Testing.
- Conducting Circuit Breaker Design and Development.
- Preparing mechanical design concept and full CAD 3D models, detailed design and complete detailed 2D drawings and designing of sheet metal parts, cast and machined metal parts, molded plastic parts.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 – 7 yrs of experience in R&D and knowledge of design & development of Switchgears / Circuit Breaker.