The Tunnel Engineer – is a key member of the project’s Design Review Team (DRT) reviewing all engineering activities relating to tunneling works on the project. Reporting to the Senior Tunnel Engineer (Drill & Blast) for all activities relating to tunnel engineering matters pertaining to the NEOM Projects.
- Champions the creation of a work environment, backed by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project.
- Advocate, promote, and engage Bechtel’s health, safety, and environmental policies and initiatives
- Take personal responsibility to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role.
- Participates in all tunneling engineering activities as part of the DRT.
- Assists in the reviews of major changes or deviations in tunneling project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment pertinent to the DRT scope of work.
- Co‐operate in all matters relating to health, safety, and environment, including following safe working procedures at all times and not deviating from the established safe system of work
- Provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned DRT and/or discipline Engineers in the management of the relevant activities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in tunnel design and design checks for underground construction and slope stabilization projects in rock and soil.