- UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- The Senior Systems Engineering Lead will be responsible for developing packages for the UK nuclear infrastructure program.
- The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for having a working knowledge of precedents in the Senior Systems Engineering area, the principles, and practices of related technical areas, and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
- The Senior Systems Engineer understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- The Senior Systems Engineer reports directly to the Systems Engineering Manager in the UK nuclear infrastructure program.
- Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only.
- The work will be performed in various locations across the UK.
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports, or proposals.
- Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for the UK nuclear infrastructure program.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
- Develops packages for the UK nuclear infrastructure program.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Prepare system and facility design criteria documents.
- Assists in on-the-job training of assigned personnel and provide input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantify take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts, and change orders.
- Plans coordinates or prepare equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations, and award recommendations for equipment.
- Coordinates engineering efforts between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 1-year EPC/EPCM experience on a major infrastructure program.