Marketing & Branding Analytics uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, and advanced statistical techniques to solve marketing challenges for internal and external Caterpillar customers. The Marketing & Branding Analytics Tech Specialist serves as a consultant and company expert in advanced analytics, contributing his or her expertise to teams tasked with solving complex marketing and brand challenges, assisting in the mentoring of data scientists in the team, and initiating and completing multiple (2-3) independent marketing-related analytic projects. This individual is recognized as one of the best in the company and recognized externally in the industry for his or her marketing & brand analytics expertise. The principal responsibility of a Marketing & Branding Analytics Tech Specialist is to use his or her highly advanced analytic abilities, marketing & industry knowledge, and external reputation to solve problems for a Caterpillar Business Unit or Service Organization when a team of analysts is either not needed or not available.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.) to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage 2-3 research projects concurrently
- Strong planning and organization skills, excellent initiative, the ability to delegate tasks effectively, and well-honed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Provide marketing analytics assistance to high-profile enterprise-wide projects such as Strategic Improvement Projects
- Use of advanced statistical methods knowledge to direct multi-analyst teams in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models
- Serve as the principal communicator with clients about the status of their project and the solution developed.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations for the projects he or she is leading
- Superior accountability, decision-making, initiative, innovation, and judgment
- Good exposure to NextGen Analytics.
- Must be highly proficient with a statistics package like SAS, R, Python, Minitab, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Effectively communicate quantitative information
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analytics, machine learning techniques
Job Location: Bangalore, India