Serves as a compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Surveillance team responsible for the design, implementation, and oversight for a suite of surveillance designed to detect behaviors that may violate regulatory rules or internal policies and procedures. When potentially anomalous behavior is detected, the team is responsible for escalating the activity and working collaboratively with partners across the first and second lines of defense to determine the appropriate resolution of the matter, which may include employee discipline.
- Gathering and analyzing trade data to assist in the Firm’s response to inquiries received from governmental and exchange regulatory bodies. Additionally, supporting the compliance group in evaluating surveillance results for potential problems, communicating surveillance findings to management in a clear and concise manner as well as interacting with legal and other compliance personnel.
- Responding to inquiries or requests from internal partners (e.g. ICRM Assurance, Internal Audit, Legal).
- Reviewing and analyzing surveillance alerts and/or reports relating to the firm, employee, and client trading activity. Properly documenting the review and disposition of the exceptions as well as escalating matters appropriately.
- Additional activities including handling telephone hotlines and performing data entry in various systems.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of new surveillance as well as the refinement of existing ones. Interacting with IT on the specific design and testing of new surveillances.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in the area of focus.