Key Requirement for the Position Chief Aircraft Engineer, Sr AME/ AME/Jr AME/Transit AME has to carry out maintenance and certification of aircraft after necessary maintenance I A W AMM procedures keeping high level of safety & airworthiness standards at all times
- Ensures that snags observed during inspections and those reported by the flight crew during the flight are rectified in an approved method.
- Major defects and rectifications will be promptly reported and dealt with.
- Ensures that all work performed in connection with Maintenance are in accordance with the requirements / recommendations of the OEM.
- While carrying out the maintenance work wherever applicable, current approved schedule should be followed. It should also be ensured that approved methods, tooling, procedures and materials are used in carrying out the said work.
- Carries out the inspection and certification of work within the scope of their Authorization.
- Prior to undertaking certification work the AMEs must ensure that their AME license is current and valid, they have necessary skills to perform the work and have undergone necessary training(s) including continuation training in the preceding 24 months. In addition, wherever applicable, Avionics category AMEs shall be responsible to ensure that their R/T license is current and valid.
- Ensures that only approved materials and parts are used and the approved spares have necessary documentation and certification before installation on the aircraft.
- Ensures that tools and equipment used during maintenance are in serviceable condition.
- Ensures that while handling equipment(s), tools and carrying out any servicing of aircraft or components etc. necessary caution and safety procedures are to be followed.
- Ensures all worksheets, inspection schedules, logbooks maintenance records are properly completed and certified. The documents are to be maintained as required by the company procedure described in the respective part of the document.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager (Shift/Base Incharge).
Qualification & Experience:
- AME Diploma /AME certificate issued by DGCA approved AME training institutes OR Graduation in Engineering
- 5-10 Years Experience