Working as Italian Chef (Chef de Cuisine) with multi-property responsibility based out of Grand Hyatt Mumbai, you will be responsible for the efficient running of the restaurants in line with Hyatt International’s Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest, and owner expectations. The Chef de Cuisine is responsible to manage the assigned restaurants as an independent profit center, in line with the outlet’s operating concept and Hyatt International standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlets.
- Establishes and enforces sanitation standards for the kitchen.
- You understand menu engineering, seasonal use of ingredients, and cooking.
- You should be well versed with the cooking and the presentation of food, along with the skills like management, wherein you can manage the whole team of the subordinates.
- Understands wine pairing and us able to plan, prepare, and execute gourmet dinners and tastings.
- Be sociable and mingle and talk to the guests, make a suggestion, and be able to improvise to prepare food that is not necessarily on the menu but is considered Italian fare.
- You should also have the skills like ingredients used in the food, their nutritional value, their flavors, and the combination techniques for different flavoring ingredients.
- You must be able to present the food in interesting ways so that the guests admire the dish even before it is eaten.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of three years experience as Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef in Specialty Italian restaurants of high standards