The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead
- Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide a feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- Take a holistic approach to problem-solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
Qualification & Experience:
- Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience, and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels