We are looking for a passionate security operations center (SOC) analyst who will analyze security events to identify security incidents and will minimize their impact. The SOC analyst will work as part of McAfee’s Cyber Security Fusion Center and will report to the SOC Manager. The analyst will use several defense tools to conduct analysis, help strengthen security controls and work with other teams, information technology (IT), and information security engineering, with a customer-oriented approach to ensure that a secure workspace is provided to McAfee’s workforce.
- Notify SOC managers and cyber incident responders of suspected cyber incidents and express the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action observing the cyber incident response plan and procedures.
- Provides cybersecurity recommendations to leadership based on threats and vulnerabilities.
- Monitor external data sources (e.g., cyber defense vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, Security Focus) to maintain the currency of cyber defense threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise.
- Work with teams to resolve computer security incidents and vulnerability compliance.
- Document ongoing incidents, after-action reports, and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Exercise a user-oriented approach while handling security incidents to ensure that user impact is minimized as much as possible and the situation is well articulated to users
- Support Incident Response efforts – evidence collection, documentation, communications, and reporting.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have minimum of 4 years of relevant experience